A simple sewing project for beginners- the wrap skirt “Rita”! “Rita” has a feminine “A” silhouette and is swinging nicely with its ruffle and the bias cut. Of course your fabric choice has also a big impact on the design- the pictures give you a first impression: The blue and the pineapple versions are in african waxprint (stable cotton), the pink long one in cotton lawn and the black/white one is in flowing viscose. I even tried a tulle version!
You can choose between a long and a short version and if you like to you can add practical pockets at the side seam, but these are optional.
For more inspiration and free pattern hacks you can check out the “Rita” playlist on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCafB53XWGhNG89IYAzIHLQ9-xq7gCBue
The yellow/pink and short blue skirt are by the way pattern hacks of this pattern, the instructions are also available on above YouTube playlist.
What you’ll learn or practise:
– how to make gatherings
sewing level: advanced beginners. There is no difficult part such as a zipper, the only detail which is a bit time consuming is the long ruffle, but it is totally worth it!
What you get:
– pdf pattern for the skirt (long and short version), printable on DINA 4/US letter and DINA0 (english & german, seam allowances are included), size US S-XXL (= US 6-26)
– detailed sewing instruction with photos as a pdf (english & german)
– video tutorial on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCafB53XWGhNG89IYAzIHLQ9-xq7gCBue
You’ll need this:
– printer, glue, paper scissors, A4 or US letter size paper or A0 plot of the print
– fabric scissors, sewing machine, matching yarn, iron, pins or similar
– fabric, 140 cm wide: 2.50 m- 3.00 m (long version), 1.50 m – 1.90 m (short version)
OR: african fabric, 115 cm wide: 3.20 m- 3.80 m (long version), 2.00 m- 2.50 m (short version)
– 40 cm small satin tape or similar for the hanger loops
– a small piece of interlining in H180 or H200, for the waistband
Please write me to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have problems or questions when sewing. I will be happy to help you!
All rights for this pattern reserved to Koba.Siani (owner: Birgit Siani Pouandeu). The pattern is only for private use. It is not allowed to use this pattern for the production of sale items. It is not allowed to copy it or pass it to somebody else. I don’t take accountability for mistakes in the tutorial.