This simple pattern for a handbag brings out opulent materials at their best! The bag “Ellie” can be worn crossbody or as a clutchbag. “Ellie” is very simple and quick to sew.
With the pattern download you’ll not only get a written instruction, but a whole sewing video tutorial! On my YouTube channel Koba.Siani I show you step-by-step how the lovely “Ellie” is made. You can also have a look on the video in advance to decide whether this project is suitable for you. In my channel I’ll also release free tutorials and patterns!
Link to the video tutorial:
“Ellie” is about 28 cm x 19 cm, made with a zipper and has an inside zip pocket and card holders.
sewing level: advanced beginners. Difficult detail: the zipper, but as I told you before, I accompany you with a video, together we can make it!
To enable you to sew exactly the same “Ellie” as on my photos here I have matching material kits in my shop:
turqoise colour combo:
yellow colour combo:
You’ll need this:
– printer, glue, paper scissors, A4 or letter size paper
– fabric scissors, sewing machine, matching yarn, iron, needles
– Small piece of main fabric ca. 0,55 m x 0,36 m
– lining: ca. 0,32 m waxprint or other fabric
– stiff interlining H250, same size as main fabric
– soft interlining H180, 2x facing size (ca. 20 cm x 9 cm )
– different tapes etc. as decoration of the front
– 2x 4 cm webbing (2 cm wide) or make loops in main fabric
– 1,72 m- 1,92 m webbing (3 cm wide)
– 3 snap hooks size 3cm (for the wide webbing)
– 2x D- rings size 2 cm (for the small webbing)
– 1 buckle size 3 cm (for the wide webbing)
– Zipper 28 cm long, spiral size 6 mm (if you use a smaller one, adapt the lining seam allowance, see pattern)
– Zipper 15 cm long, spiral size 3 mm (that’s the „normal“ size for skirts etc.)
– Matching sewing thread (100 Nm or 120 Nm)
Regarding the pattern: As up to now I’m not yet using a computer to make my patterns, I’m doing them by hand. So they look a bit different but they are very clearly arranged. All sizes are in different colours and the pattern can be printed out on A4 or US letter size paper.
Please write me here or to email@example.com if you have problems or questions when sewing. I will be happy to help you!
All rights for this pattern reserved to Koba.Siani (owner: Birgit Siani Pouandeu). The pattern is only for private use. It is not allowed to use this pattern for the production of sale items. It is not allowed to copy it or pass it to somebody else. I don’t take accountability for mistakes in the tutorial.